Friday, February 13, 2009

Will you be my Valentine?







As some of you already know, Wendell has a lot of "girlfriends". When we were invited to this playdate/Valentine party, we couldn't turn it down. Although 2 other boys were invited they called in sick so Wendell had all these Valentine's to himself. No kisses or hugs today but lots of fun.







Next are a few pictures from my "taco" week. The first one is an attempt to duplicate the Casey's taco pizza. My friend Sarah and I made this while trying to keep two 2 years old happy, which was much harder than usual. It turned out good but we both agree that we will make a few changes for next time.






The second picture is just a taco salad. I love taking a regular soft taco shell and baking it to crisp it up. Then put some refried beans, beef, lettuce, cheese, sour cream and salsa on top. The shell is really tasty baked and pretty healthy as well (better than a fried one anyways). If you can't tell, food is very important to me (probably too important), but I have a lot fun with it so I like taking and then sharing my pictures.













And this last picture is of the smallest piece of mail that I've ever seen. Wendell's Great Grandpa K. sent us a Valentine in this tiny little envelope. The return address label and stamp did not fit on it all the way (the stamp wrapped around the back a little). I put it up to a normal business envelope to give you an idea of just how small it was. I think my Grandpa should have gotten 1/2 price on this stamp. Either way, thanks Grandpa for the Valentine!

















1 comment:

Becky Bartlett said...

What a funny Valentine from your Grandpa... very cute. Glad you guys had a good party. It was fun to get the boys together last week... glad we were able to make that happen. Happy Valentine's Day!