1. Here are some verses that are sticking out to me (in short condensed Heather version):
- if someone slaps your cheek, give them the other
- if someone wants your shirt, give them your coat
- don't run from suffering - self sacrifice (for Jesus and his commands)
- Mary vs. Martha - Mary at Jesus' feet/Martha the little homemaker
2. It all started with "love your enemy" and as I sat there in church I had to think, who is my "enemy"? On that day, I felt like (don't laugh or call DHS) my kids, my work, and myself were my greatest enemies that day.
3. The past weeks of meeting with my accountability partner, I've been asked: have I been totally honest? (with my kids) Have I been kindhearted, gentle, gracious and merciful to others? (my kids)
So, my point? I feel like God is telling me that as a mom I need to be so loving and kind and generous all the time... but, I can't image what would happen if I let Wendell slap me and then I said here you go, do it again. Or if Wendell asked to play with me 5 times that day and when he asked 10 I just kept giving to him. Or if I didn't take some time for myself - took a break from being the loving all giving mom and didn't just spent some time alone. Or if I didn't do the dishes, cook supper, vacuum the crumbs up. Or what If I was totally honest with Wendell all the time? When he asks me why we have to leave the library (because of Harlie). Why I need privacy sometimes? Why I need a break sometimes? Then I ask, have I been kind hearted? Well, when Wendell wasn't getting ready for school this morning and I had to tell him several times to eat, get shoes on, get coat on - no I wasn't so kind hearted... I was the first 3 times but it wasn't working so grumpy loud voiced demanding mom came out (that didn't work so well either but sometimes it does)... being nice doesn't always work. What would happen if I was all loving, kind, generous? And what do we do when that doesn't get results? At what age do I make that switch where I am this kind of mom? Age 10, 20, 30? Ever?
So christian moms... what is God telling me? For anyone else reading/has read through Luke, what has God told you?