Sunday, February 6, 2011

funny story?

I think it is. You decide.

So I tried a new recipe tonight that called for enchilada sauce. Not really realizing (until it was all made) that the sauce I bought was medium spicy I tasted it and thought, hmmm.. a little spicy, not sure how the kids will do with this. So a few minutes before we round up to the table I quietly tell Phil, the sauce is a bit spicy just to warn you, the kids might not like it. A few minutes later we are getting ready to eat and Phil tastes it, he tell me it's not that spicy... they should be fine. So the first one to take a bite is Harlie and she makes a face like she just took a bite of the hottest boiling food she has ever had so Phil tells her to spit it out and quickly gives her some milk. After she drinks 1/2 the cup, we touch the food to find that it was NOT hot at all. Lukewarm at the best. Not missing a beat, we turn to Wendell who asks in the most sweet tone: Why does my tongue hurt? Hmm.. guess the medium spicy isn't going over so well. We give Harlie another bite and within a few second she reacts the same way the first time and so we give her the rest of her milk + a refill. Luckily, I had some leftover meat/bean mixture so I was able to make two quick burritos without the spicy sauce. In the end, Phil and I are chuckling at the situation. Hope you are too.

No comments: