Sunday, February 6, 2011

annual workout and lots of laughing

My good friend Sarah C. and I had our second "annual" River Plaza joint workout. This time last year we decided to have a girls afternoon and met at the River Plaza for some fun working out... so after getting a free one day pass I called Sarah to see if she was up for another afternoon at the Plaza and yes, she just couldn't resist our annual event. Starting off we swam for awhile, Sarah swimming twice as fast as me even though she doesn't train often vs. me who swims about twice a week for the past year. I guess that'll happen when I swim with a collegiate swimmer. I looked at Sarah and asked for some pointers.. then before I finished the question I say, lets just keep it to one or two as I know I have A LOT to learn. (Swimming is very much technique as well as muscle which I lack in both departments). After our swim we decide to take another shot at racquetball (just like last year). Both of us are really enjoy racquetball but don't really practice or have a lot of skills so we're pretty evenly matched or should I say mismatched. Neither one of us having played since.. well, last year. I was hoping to not get two injuries that I got last year (neither appropriate to post)... and to not pass out from the new paint smell they had on the courts. We warmed up and after a few rounds of the ball bouncing off ALL the walls we decide to get serious. We actually got the hit the ball 30 times straight (15 each) which is a new all time high for us... last year being around 20 if I remember correctly. And about 1/2 way through our never ending match, we got the giggles. Now most of you who knows us, know that neither Sarah or I are major giggly kind of people but if you get us on racquetball court there is no option but to laugh, and I mean Laugh Out Loud kind of laugh... I can't image what God thought of the "game". Anyways, it was great way to burn some stress and it's a treat for me to actually work out with someone as I usually go alone. So thanks to Sarah for the good laughs. I look forward to next years annual workout!

1 comment:

Sarah Craft said...

I had a great time, too! I told Matt our one racquetball 'rule' and he laughed and laughed and laughed. That one rule, for those who care, was the ball had to hit the front wall and we didn't care one bit about how many times the ball bounced or how many other walls it hit before we returned the ball. Matt wanted me to know those are not the real rules but I don't care one lick. It was super fun playing it our way.

I can't wait for next year! :)
THANKS HEATHER!