Wednesday, October 28, 2009

work update

A lot of people keep asking me about work so I thought I'd post an update. I start back to work part time this week. Although it's been a crazy last 9 weeks, it has been nice to just sleep in when I can and go to bed when I want. So starting Thursday (tomorrow) night, I go back in at 10pm and start up the old routine. On a good note, I will be getting 8 hours of sleep (assuming nothing goes wrong in the night) so that is nice. I think it will also be nice to get out of the house a bit and have some time where I don't have a child demanding my attention constantly. A little bit of freedom, I guess you could say. As far as breastfeeding, I will probably have to pump at work when I first get up but I don't think that will be a major issue since I do have my own bedroom for privacy and I'm already used to pumping. Phil says that he's ready to get up with Harlie in the night.. some nights she sleeps until 6am so maybe she'll start doing that more. (of course it would only be appropriate if Phil had to get up at least a few times in the night so he knows what I've been going through : ) And so far, Harlie has taken the bottle just fine so that's good too.

Anyways, I work one night this week, two nights next week, and will continue that until the end of November when I officially go back full time. My only worry at this point is that we have a new "client" since I've been at work so hopefully I can get into a good routine with her and all goes well with the change. Sometimes I don't like change, but I know it's necessary and usually turns out just fine. Another not so fun thing is that means the boring old meetings start up again and I have to make them up which means watching a video (usually 2 hours long). If I can find a babysitter then I might see if I can go the real meetings then I don't have to worry about the make up meeting.

On a very good note, I'm officially done teaching CPR/First Aid! I am so glad that I don't have to do that anymore. It was good for the time I did it but I'm ready to be done. If I need extra hours then I'll just pick up a shift - which means no prep work, no standing in front of people, and doing the the same training over and over. Finding a babysitter and setting up times/schedules was a lot of extra work for a simple training.

I guess another good thing is that I'll be getting back into a routine. Work also helps me appreciate the nights I'm home and the mornings I get to sleep in. So work, ready or not, here I come!

No comments: