Tuesday, December 1, 2009

3 months old

This first picture is Harlie at 3 months old. I'm guessing she's at least 15 but not quite 16 pounds but I haven't weighed her in awhile so I don't have an exact amount. She's in 3-6 month clothes and will outgrow some of them very soon. One great thing is that she's starting to sleep really well through the night (most nights). One not so great thing is that she poops about once or twice a day and those tend to be massive explosions out the diaper. So here's Harlie at 3 months.This next picture is actually very precious for a couple of reasons. Not only is Harlie a sweet little "english" girl with a smile (the dress reminds me of the secret garden). But the dress and quilt were both made by my mom. The quilt is a five generation quilt with material stemming from my great grandma to Harlie. If I remember correctly, some of the material was from an outfit that my grandma wore when she was pregnant with my mom. We had our family Christmas last weekend on my moms side and she made this dress for Harlie as a gift. It has bloomers and hat to match!


And this last picture is a picture of Wendell taking out the garbage. So far he can take out the garbage (and replace the bag), take out recycling, vacuum, scoop Buster's food, set the table and put some dishes away. He actually can be helpful when he wants to be and it's fun to give him new challenges... sometimes we're amazed at what he can do.

2 comments:

Sarah Craft said...

Whoa! Is Wendell for hire? We could use some help around here. :)

Happy 3 months, Harlie!

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Harlie is precious and the quilt/dress is so cool!

Wendell is quite amazing. I thought Emily was doing good bringing her dirty dishes to the counter, sort of making her bed and (sometimes) fetching things when I ask. I guess she'll throw things in the trash and put her dirty laundry in the basket, too. She tried to help load the dishwasher once and has long since lost interest in helping switch the laundry. I guess it's all in the novelty and motivation.

P.S. I hope Wendell is feeling better soon. We couldn't go to MMO this week b/c Emily also has a yucky nose/cold and everyone in our house except Lincoln is on antibiotics for strep throat. :op