Monday, February 27, 2012

bubble gum fun

curiosity/slight fear
mom getting ready


fascination/still some fear

 
ready!

 
what!  what was that?

***POP!***

For the next 15 minutes all I heard was  'make another one'   'make a big one'   'make it pop again'  'again'   'again'   'again'  ....  : )   It was fun to entertain them but they did have high expectations and wanted immediate results.  I had to explain that it is a process and can't be done quickly.  Luckily neither one of them has expressed any interest in chewing gum or blowing bubbles.. although Harlie loves to use her own saliva to blow bubbles and that's just fine for now.

** my apologies if this grosses anyone out.. there are a few people out there that think gum is gross.

I can still see my step mom giving me the look at any bubbles that are popped, especially during church.  I remember one grandma that would be oh so generous to give me 1/2 stick of gum... what a tease!  The bubble above was three pieces...my limit for now.  I do see a future of entertainment with gum... the kids and I loved this little activity : )  Maybe next time I'll try and do a video... hmmm.  Wendell loves being camerman so I just might have our next rainy day project.

Do you have any fun gum stories/memories? 

No comments: