Friday, November 16, 2012

dork

I'm one of the biggest dorks of a mom, well, person really... have I ever told the public this?  The funny thing, is that sometimes my kids encourage me in our family corniness. At what point will they be more embarrassed instead of my cheerleader?

Here below is our latest investment.  We bought a string of white lights with large bulbs so we could light up our holiday creations (kind of a continuation of lighting up our pumpkins which is are rotting on the back steps).  These are our Thanksgiving milk jugs.   Yep, we cleaned out some milk jugs and then painted them. Oh, and then stuck lights in them.

 
Wendell and I teamed up (see below).  I painted a turkey on it and he came up with the saying.  "No CHICKENS ALLOWED... " 
 
Then I added gobble, gobble because sometimes during Thanksgiving season I walk around and speak turkey instead of english.
 
 
Wendell painted pumpkins (below)
 

Harlie painted one too but it was just a beautiful abstract painting.  She's the true artist.  I think hers in the far left one (see the top picture).

I'm actually excited because now we can paint something to light up for every season.. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day, St. Patty's, etc.. whatever and whenever we want.  I might have to come up something other than a milk jug.  Any ideas?  I thought of a glass jar but I'd be scared they'd break easily.  Poor Phil.. he has to live with us.


Moving on to my monkey's....


Is this torture?  Maybe but I took a picture instead of yelling.  Ali really didn't seem to mind and it was safer then actually crawling on her.


Another cheap idea.  It actually works well for her to sit in, kind of like those bumbo chairs.  It's also like an indoor sled too.  I should attach a string to the front so the kids can pull her around..   brilliant!  I just thought of that one!



It just makes me laugh... too bad she won't eat food while sitting here.  Maybe next month?



Well, in case you want to see more 'dorky' ideas.. you can drive by our house at Christmas time.  Of course you can drive by and see our Turkey lights as well.  I recently made our kids and myself something for winter.  Phil spent $20 on his.. mine was free : )  I'll show you next time!  Any guesses?

Have a Great Thanksgiving!  Don't forget to say thank you to our wonderful Lord and Savior.. he has blessed us all with so much!  Gobble, gobble until next time!

2 comments:

Sarah Craft said...

We love every ounce of dorky that oozes from you!! Fun idea for with the milk jugs. I bet the kids really liked it. Kate used to pull CJ around in a diaper box with a string but you just have to be careful they don't fall over backwards and hit their head. It may or may not have happened to poor CJ. :) She is fine though...or so we think. It might be fun to completely paint a clear plastic container and then insert the light. I wonder if the light will turn from white to pink or green or whatever paint color you use. It could be an experiment if nothing else. Have fun, Heather!

charla said...

Love your dorkness! Me thinks you get it honestly! The pics are great! I swear harlie will turn anything into a jungle jym :)