Thursday, November 13, 2014

Halloween 2014

Every year our kids (and myself) get excited about Halloween. My favorite parts are carving pumpkins, roasting then eating the seeds, and eating lots of candy.  

The kids love to draw on their pumpkin, dress up/show off, and eat lots of candy. 

However, I do wonder, what God thinks of Halloween. 

And my bubble is popped.

Sadly my kids love some of the 'scary' parts so that comes with the package.

I see other Christians celebrating Halloween so I feel like it's 'okay'.

I like to think the pro's outweigh the con's.

We do and will set limits.
  
We don't do blood and gore, evil, etc.

A week before Halloween our pastor commented to be careful of this 'holiday'.  
Witches, devils, and ghosts should be taken seriously, not a joke.  Hmm...

I love books and imagination and do feel this is a form of these arts in live entertainment.

Does this mean we Christians shouldn't enjoy a book about witches or ghosts? (kids version)

Go the next step, what about vampires or werewolf's? 

What if I liked reading the Twilight series?

I just want to note..sometimes I wonder if I'm choosing American over Christian.

Where do we draw the line?  

I don't know.

For now, I guess we will continue on our path.


















Hope you all enjoyed Halloween, and also take a moment to wonder what does God think of this. Prayers for peace in our hearts, forgiveness and mercy where we are blind.  That God's Glory comes out of our pitiful choices.

No comments: