Monday, July 27, 2009

The BIX

Over the weekend Phil and Wendell ran their big race of the year. Phil ran the 7 mile BIX on Saturday with his brother Tim. Wendell ran the jr. BIX (70 yard dash) on Friday with a bunch of 2 year olds. The first picture is my boys with their metals, race numbers and tshirts. (It's exciting to think that we might be starting a new tradition of having our kids run with us).

This picture is Wendell and Phil "dashing". Phil said that Wendell laughed through the race and wanted to keep running afterwards. One of these days we might actually take him out running to see how far he'd actually go.



This third picture is the two of them running through the sprinkler afterwards.

And this last one is of Phil running his race with his brother Tim.


Phil said he really enjoyed it and hopes to do it again. He made his goal time of under 9 minutes per mile, completing the 7 mile, very hilly race in 1:02:30.
My marathon this year is having this baby. And, I don't think I'll ever desire to run the Bix. I think I could do 7 miles but not on mini-mountains.





Check Spelling

1 comment:

Sarah Craft said...

What a great experience!! Looks like the whole family had fun. I really hope my kids will run with me too.