Wednesday, July 15, 2009

less than 5 weeks (or one month) left

Has it really been over two weeks since I posted?

I guess I've been busy.. and oh yeh, I got kind of sick the last few days. I had everything from chills, nausea, back pain, cramps, ovary aches (that's what I'm calling them anyways), hot sweats, fatigue, and light headedness. It was a bit of a rough few days but I made it through. On Sunday night I thought I was in labor so that was interesting.. packing bags, lying in pain, and debating on what we needed to do and who to call. However, I decided to take a Tylenol and went to bed and ended up falling asleep. Anyways.. thankfully, I feel much better today so I was able to address the cleanliness of the house which had gotten really out of hand. Now I feel back on track.

We were gone over the weekend and went down to Deep River, IA for their 125 year "birthday" there's a quasentennial word for it but not really sure how to spell it. My grandparents live down there so our entire family went down for the "family vacation". (Unfortunately, my mom or sister couldn't be there because she was with my sister who had just had her baby... they welcomed a new little boy in the family.) The weather was really nice so it was nice to sit around and chat with family that I don't see often. Phil kind of got stuck with chasing Wendell everywhere because I didn't feel so good and I'm getting to where I can't really "chase" anymore.

I think the next two weeks are going to be busy for me and then I might have time to sit and actually think about waiting for this baby to come. I would rather be busy then have nothing to do... and I can't decide if this is going really fast or just too slow. Sometimes I wonder "what were we thinking" and "can I handle this" and other times I think, oh it'll be fun and wonderful with all the smiles and hugs, just like with Wendell. Deep in my heart I know all will be fine, it's just the typical worries of a mom-to-be.

Anyways, here are a few fun pictures... the first one is of Wendell. You can't tell but he's actually in the dark with the flashlight on. The electricity went out the other night so Phil gave him this flashlight for "light".. and in the morning he was enjoying playing with it.





This next one I just took tonight. This is our first meal out of the garden. Phil cooked up some fresh green beans and roasted some squash. Then some delicious BBQ chicken to go with it. It was really good and it's always fun to eat food out of the garden.



And this last picture is of me with 5 fingers indicating 5 more weeks! As of tomorrow it will be 1 month. Part of me wishes it was only 2 more weeks but then the thought of that makes me nervous as well. I don't mind being pregnant but the mound is starting to be inconvenient; like when trying to do dishes, bend over, or get behind the steering wheel. As you can see too, maternity shirts don't seem to fit me right. They fit around but aren't long enough.. not sure what the deal is with that. And almost all the shirts do that. I especially hate it when the belly panel shows but there isn't a lot I can do about it.



5 more weeks.. I can do it!!

2 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

Looking good, Heather! I wish I was at 5 weeks with you! :) Don't you wish someone would design pregnancy shirts correctly? Maybe we should go into business?? :)

Sarah Craft said...

I'm 100% behind you on the maternity shirt issue. I wear a belly band every now and again for those shirts that are a bit too short waisted. You look great! August 16th will be here before you know it!