Tuesday, July 28, 2009

check: completed

So, you've all heard me whining about my sewing projects and I can officially say they are "check: completed". Meaning, I can check them off my list because they are finally done. I love being creative and thinking of new fun things to make but for some reason, me and sewing machines just don't get along. So here is the latest of Heather's home made fashions.

The first picture is the car seat cover that I made. I'm not sure Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh would have been my number one pick but there wasn't much to choose from that was girlie and matched the blue car seat. So, I've tacked this piece of material, over the original slip cover. Thanks to my mom for helping me with this project! (If you look back in my posts you can see a picture of Wendell "swinging" in the car seat with the original blue cover).


This next picture is actually two projects. The top orangish looking thing is a new cover over my nursing pillow. (The nursing pillow is an "antique" used by my step mom and passed on to me and it actually works really well.) Although this orange color isn't my number one pick, it was material I had on hand and is super soft so it will be very nice for Harlie to lay her little head down on. The black thing with flowers is my "nursing cover". After scoping several on the internet this is the one that I chose to try to make. (see below)


So this is me, sporting the "nursing gear". I must say it wasn't really fun taking this picture as the thought of nursing a baby doesn't really excite me. On a positive note, I think once I don't have a mound on my belly and I don't get hot easily then the thought of snuggling up with a baby sounds delightful. On a side note, last time I did the whole nursing thing I wasn't very "open" about it, in fact every time I nursed I hid in a room alone where no one could find me. My goal this time, is to at least be able to nurse in front of other women (playdates, family, MMO, etc) with some type of covering. Once I am good with that then maybe I'll feel comfortable in front of men (outside of Phil). This will be a huge challenge for me since I'm a very private person about my body but I'm sure I can do it.


And this last picture is one of the cutest. It has some of the new clothes we've picked out for Harlie to come home in. There are a few p.j.'s, outfits and a cute onesie that I plan to take along. Right now, she'll be coming home in the purple outfit that says "I'll always be Daddy's Little Girl". And down below is the new diaper bag we just got. The brown and blue/turquoise is a nice mix so Phil doesn't have to carry a "girl" bag. On a side note, I can't believe how expensive diaper bags are! This one was $25 and that is the average price... I would have expected $10-15.

Well, that's all for now. Once again, I hope you've enjoyed the slide show. I need to keep up on my posts because here soon, I won't have time to do much. 2 1/2 weeks left before she's due.. I'm starting to think I can make!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Heather, looking great! I am so impressed with all of the projects and things you are making. As far as nursing goals go... go for it. I have a similar goal with my next baby as well, because I was always going into another room to nurse Asher. Now I think, how silly I was. I am just feeding my baby look away if you don't want to see it. ( I was covered anyway) So go forth and be proud of what you were made to do! (PS I wil need this same reminder with our next one too:)