Wednesday, August 5, 2009

so close.. yet so far away

It looks like it's time for an update on my blog but I really don't have anything exciting to post yet so I guess I'll just post some random thoughts.


First of all, I thought that July would be my hardest month to get through as far dealing with the pregnancy. And I must say I was so busy that July flew by. It's August already.. next thing I know August will be half over! Although I'm due in less than two weeks, I am "planning" on going about 1-2 weeks overdue. I guess you could say I'm going to push for the VBAC as long as there is no major reasons to do a C-section. The doc says he'll let me go two weeks overdue and then we'll have to schedule a C-section which puts us at the end of August. I don't think that I'll be terribly heart broken if I end up with a C-section as long as I know that I at least tried a VBAC. Anyways, I have been feeling pretty darn good physically since I've slowed down and sit around most of the time. According to the scales, I have gained way too much weight but I get a lot of comments from people saying I look great so either they're just being nice or I still look like a healthy pregnant chick. Who knows, but for now I'll take the nice comments.

We have a few things that need to be done before Harlie comes, like get the cradle up to our room, the car seat in the car, and bags packed but really there isn't anything major. There are a few house cleaning things that I'd really like to have done like cleaning the carpet, thoroughly clean the bathroom and clean out a few cupboards but these are things that Phil plans to help with.

The last exciting thing is that Phil has the next 4 days off and we are going to be home! I don't work this weekend so we should have at least one final relaxing weekend before Harlie comes. Phil has a lot on his to do list but I'm also hoping to do some fun things as well.
My parting gift is a video of Wendell playing with his "choo choo's". As you can see, he loves to say "chuga chuga choo choo". Hopefully it works okay.



1 comment:

charla said...

wendell, you are just too cute!