Monday, August 10, 2009

desperate for a nap

What would you do for a nap?

Wendell stayed with my parents over the weekend (which was a huge blessing!) and today we met for lunch so I could pick him up. On the way home, he fell asleep about 20 minutes from home (an hour long drive and he waits until we're almost home to fall asleep). As most of us know at Wendell's age, he won't go back to sleep once I wake him to take him inside and 20 minutes is not really a nap for a 2 year old, so being sleepy myself I parked in the driveway when we got home and we both took naps in the vehicle. He ended up sleeping about an hour and I slept about 20 minutes. So although, this wasn't the most comfortable place to take a nap, I was quite pleased with my decision.

5 comments:

Sarah Craft said...

Creative!! I wonder if anyone saw the two of you in there?

Becky Bartlett said...

Nice work!! I've totally driven to Hudson and back, then around town, etc. to keep boaz asleep extra minutes!! One night when he was sick, we drove to convenient card (thinking they were open at night??) and they weren't open, so we drove for a bit, he fell asleep, and I slept in the car also!! :) Glad you snuck a nap!

Heather's Henhouse said...

We actually had plans to stop and see Phil at work on the way home but I didn't think it'd look good for me to be parked in the KWWL parking lot asleep with Wendell and I in the vehicle so I decided to go home to "camp", then we ended up back tracking to KWWL. Oh well.

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Totally been there, done that!! (Including the sleeping in the driveway myself part.) In fact, I went exploring around the north side of Waverly just yesterday so both kids could sleep a little longer. :o)

phunt said...

I wish I have a picture of it...