Monday, June 7, 2010

summer is here...

You know summer is here when life starts to get busy.

We opted to go ahead and plant a garden. Crazy with the thought that we're trying to sell our house but 1. it will help keep us busy so we're not twiddling our thumbs trying to sell this house and 2. it was easier than putting grass seed down and tearing up the trim. 3. We can plan on selling about two weeks before the harvest.. isn't that how life goes? So anyways, we planted green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, summer squash, sugar snap peas, watermelon, musk melon, and popcorn. Half of these are leftover seeds from last year. I wish we would have done some yellow beans, oh well, next year.

Some where floating around is a picture of Wendell and Harlie playing through the vents between the living room and our bedroom. It was just cute watching them play together.

And another floating picture is our summer bucket list (thank to Sarah for the idea). We have a few more things to add but it's exciting to see the fun things that our family wants to do this summer. Some will be easy, like Wendell's idea to drink chocolate milk. But my idea to eat lots of ice cream because well, there's never enough ice cream.















Harlie's new trick and that is to climb the stairs in a matter of seconds. We now keep a baby gate at the bottom of the steps. And we cut Wendell's shaggy hair, mostly in prep for the upcoming wedding.
Wedding you ask? my sister in Ohio is getting married in less that two weeks so we're going out for that. If you remember from a previous post I said you might see me riding my bike strapless so I wouldn't get a farmers tan. Well, luckily I've made it (without riding my bike) and no major farmers tan. I go to my parent tomorrow to drop off Wendell for VBS (that's another story) and hope to lay out in their pool and get some more sun. Back to my original story, we're off to Ohio next Thursday (1 1/2 weeks) and come back a week later. After the wedding we are going to Maryland to see an old college friend Jenelle. Lots of road tripping for the Hunt family and I'm staying positive that it will be a fun trip (if we can convince Harlie to not scream her new piercing scream that she does when she's not happy - we may want to take some earplugs along).
How about another wedding? Nope, my brother decided to elope a couple of weeks ago. Congrats to him and his new wife!





.... every baby has a picture of them snoozing in the highchair. Me and my baby girl AKA "chubsies" or "sweetie pie" as I call her.
Another update: haven't sold house, doesn't look like we're going to anytime soon. We're waiting patiently, right now I'm so busy with other things that I'm not to worried about it.


Triathlon training? Glad you asked! We have our first open water swim tonight at George Wyth that I'm super excited about. I even dreamed about it last night (Phil and I forgot our swim caps and couldn't participate). I'm nervous but think it will be fun. Tomorrow we're planning to go to a free triathlon clinic that I just caught wind about so I'm excited about that. Phil and I decided to both do the Peregrine Charities Triathlon here at George Wyth. I am doing the sprint and he will do the Olympic. Mine will be a 1/2 mile swim, 15.8 mile bike ride , and a 3 mile run. It will be a tough race but I'm confident I can do it. Honestly, the biking will probably be the hardest and longest. (Phil's will be a 1500 meter swim, 24.9 mile bike ride, and 6.2 mile run - CRAZY.) I have slowed down my training a bit so the workouts don't feel overwhelming. I still work out but not as much. Maybe in September I'll pick it up a little, we'll see. GOAL: to complete a triathlon, not win it (maybe not get last place).
Well, so much to write about but I have other things to do so .. hope your summer is going well! Sorry if there are typo's, I'm tired of proofing.

2 comments:

Stephanie Bardal said...

LOVE the summer bucket list idea! ;) Good luck on the trip & have FUN!!

Sarah Craft said...

Your summer appears to be busy...especially when you have Harlie to chase! Great pics by the way.