Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hopefully we all take a moment to thank God for all the blessing he gives us. Most of us in America have so much to be thankful for and so much we take for granted. I know we all have rough days, years, or life in general can be tough but there is always something to be grateful for. I, personally, and most people around me, have so much to be thankful for... simple things like being able to see, hear, and taste gives such joy to life; or having a very healthy family, having a job that allows me to be home during the day to take care of the kids, and even my little house that we've been trying to sell all year. I do have a blessed life and so much that I take for granted. At church on Sunday our pastor commented on being thankful for heaven... to know that God has prepared a place of eternity for us that is million times better than this life.. I know we can't see it or image what it will be like but to know God loves us so much that he has a special place just for me... I like to think of it as I have my own feather under his wing that will be my own personal cozy blanket to snuggle with and to keep me warm and toasty. So, this year, don't forget to take a moment to thank God. And for fun, let me know what special/unique thing you are most thankful for (not counting the basics like your family or home). Maybe I'll be like my friend Sarah and come up with some fun gift to send to you.... hmmm....actually I just thought of something that would be perfect. So tell me what your thankful for and I'll have a drawing sometime next week. If need be you can email me as well.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Sarah Craft said...

I am so thankful for my husband. He is my partner in crime, he is my source of relaxation at the end of a long day and he is my teammate through everything involved in raising our girls. Speaking of which, I am eternally thankful for their health. They are wonderful, healthy, wild girls and I am so grateful they are as fit as a fiddle. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Heather!

Life of the Lorenzens said...

I am thankful for preschool! It has been the best thing that has happened to both Emily and me. :o)