Tuesday, November 9, 2010

rebeling...

My body is rebelling. Ever since the triathlon I feel like I can hardly run and swim, and for now I'm not biking as it's too cold out. I think it's mostly the cold weather causing my lungs to work harder and I've had a constant slight head cold /running nose since the triathlon. I think it's just normal winter health blues but it makes me wonder how I ever did the triathlon. I know that it will all come back next year when the weather gets nicer but it's kind of disappointing. It's not really fun when my nose is running while I'm running (I can't farmer blow like some talented people without it coming back to land on my pants or shoes) and then when I swim I start coughing and sputtering.

So I will keep plucking along for now but my body is saying no. And I would be more than happy to take a couple of weeks off but then I don't think I'd start up again.. one of my biggest fears.

On a side note.. I got some interesting, mixed emotions, information from my OB doctor the other week. Since I've lost a lot of weight and had 2 babies in the past four years my stomach has become the great (meaning big, not good) jiggle and is not just your normal after pregnancy jiggle.. you can image what people from The Biggest Loser look like.. well I have that plus add two pregnancies on top of that to help matters. Anyways enough details.. you get the visual. What I asked my doctor was how I could correct this.. and he said point blank - surgery. Hmm.. that's not an option I'm interested in now so I proceeded to ask him what else there was, basically I wanted to know if I lost more weight would it get better or worse. He said at this point it wouldn't get much better but I could try crunches but it probably wouldn't do much (I have done crunches in the past and it doesn't seem to really help much). So as he was pushing on my stomach/female parts (near my belly button). I asked if he could tell if there was a lot of fat still in there and he said no, that is mostly just extra skin. So, the mixed emotions.. I don't have a lot of fat on my stomach, yippee! That's not something I hear very often but to find out it's mostly extra skin means there isn't much I can do other than wait for it to correct it's self (or surgery). I did ask if we have another baby if it would just get worse and he said probably not. On a side note, I did ask my regular doctor the same question about two years ago and she said that I am young enough that it will get better but also the more weight I lose the better it should get... in one way.. but worse in another.. more jiggle but thinner jiggle. Hmm... not sure if any of you out there have any suggestions. At this point, I think it'll just take time (like years, if not the rest of my life) to correct itself so I guess I think I'm stuck with it... but alas, I have little fat on my belly - per Dr. O. : )

1 comment:

Julie Ulven said...

Hmm. Bellies are strange. I have "meno-pot". Yeah, lovely term. It means I have to work really hard to get it back to flat or fit. And watch my carbs. In your case, I would say that time will correct it. Maybe lots of skin softening lotion on your belly? The good news is it isn't terminal! ;o)