Tuesday, October 18, 2011

art work

Wendell and I have been doing some late night artwork lately.  We put Harlie to bed and then Wendell and I pull out the real paints.  One fun thing is that for now we are using up my old paint so I don't always have the colors we want, so we've mixing and experimenting. 

The reason I post though is to ask, who's paintings are creepier, mine or Wendell's? : )

The rainbow is the most normal but uncreative of the bunch. 

Anyways, I love that we both have a vision and then we try and draw the same thing.  Most of you probably don't know that I love doing art.  I love to paint and draw.. or at least I used too.  Anyways, I'm excited to do this again as I've really enjoyed the painting.  I just hope next time I plan it out a little better so we have something to aim for, instead of creepy old lady mushroom hats.


experimenting with mixing paint colors

pumpkins : )

rainbows, with crayon

4 comments:

Sarah Craft said...

Great idea. Kate loves it when we do 'late night' things with her too after CJ goes to bed. This is a great bonding moment and a fun way to teach him your hidden love for art.

Sarah Craft said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Life of the Lorenzens said...

How fun! I didn't know you had such artistic talent! I need to try and be better about doing something one-on-one with Emily during Lincoln's nap time. I'm just selfish with that precious time and too exhausted at bedtime.

Julie Ulven said...

Mieke and I vote for Wendel's as spookiest but we both agree you should have an exhibit at the Art Place (Youth Pavilion). We need to see you all soon! Let's find a time to play. We don't have school on Friday.....