Monday, October 3, 2011

one week off

Phil and I just took one entire week off from working out.  We have not done this in almost 4 years when we started our journey.  It was so wonderful sleeping in, not rushing in the mornings and just laying around the house this weekend.  But it also threw our routine off and we were a bit lost.. well maybe I was more than Phil.  Anyways, I was back at it today, ran a little over 3 miles this morning.  I could tell I was tired, squeaky and creaky from not working the legs in a while but it also felt good when I was done.  I think this winter I'm going to take up some weight lifting... and possibly try to do some more walking.   Maybe keep swimming, hmm... not sure on that one.  Anyways, winter will be here before we know it so I want to plan now.  Any ideas out there for what I can do this winter?  Any good work out tapes video's you can recommend?    : )

3 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

I really enjoy the 30Day Shred (Jillian Michaels)... a circuit workout- weights/abs/cardio.

Sarah Craft said...

workout TAPES???? :)

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Be kind, Sarah! Although, I have to admit one of my favorite "workouts" is a Denise Austin "Stretch & Flex" video which is just 30 minutes of stretching. I have it on a VHS tape that I copied from a friend's original in high school. It's so wavy and the sound is so bad most people today wouldn't be able to stand it.

I have another Denise Austin DVD and a different Jillian Michaels DVD if you ever want to borrow them. I like both. You could always borrow Austin's P90X DVDs. He just started Insanity this morning and is asking for P90X2 for Christmas.