Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Alveda Grace... how sweet the sound!

Sometimes I find myself singing, Alveeeedaa, Grace, how sweet the sound...   Then I have to think what are the real words to that song? Oh yea, Amazing Grace, not Alveda Grace.

I found so many of her mugs on the camera this past uploading that they cracked me up.  This stage is the beginning of my two year count down (1 1/2 to 3 1/2 hardest years to parent a young child) but it will be bitter sweet.

Here's some free humor for you..

 
she earns her cuteness here

does she not look like a movie star in the magazines?

 
windows + kids = more cuteness

 
nice.

 
awe...

 
I have a picture like this of Wendell.. I'll try and find it to compare hair

                                 
                                              Being one, is serious business.

not feeling well...

 
so we're using an apple as a pacifier.  
She sucked on that quite a while before 
I just put her to bed with the real deal.

oh the joys of climbing

 
and getting stuck

still stuck...

  
help??

                                                           HELP!! 

She has done this a few times so at this point I was a mean mamma and made her get down herself.  She figured it out.  It just took about 30 minutes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The first day that Harlie and Wendell both went to school Ali and I came home.  I said what should we do?  Explore!  Walked the yard, over the street, to the park.. then back home.  I think she LOVED being free of kids wanting to pick her up and tell her what to do.  FREEDOM!!  One of the best things of walking with a one year old is seeing where they'll go; they have no idea of boundaries, traffic, or 'doing something useful'.  Her attention is just on walking the next two feet.. not the next block, not fast, not slow, not with a purpose, not with an agenda, not with much of any thought other than, one step at a time - just being present to the moment and place as it is.  Wish I could do that more.


















No comments: