Monday, November 18, 2013

Falloween 2013

We have lots of neighbors with kids the same age as ours so their is plenty of opportunity for fun!

Have I mentioned that at the beginning of the year our church challenged us to a family mission statement?  Ours has been love God and love one another.  So every Wednesday we make a plan of how to love each other, focusing on our local friends and neighbors. 

** I even splurged and special ordered my own stationary based on this... I will have to post a picture as they turned out very neat!**




Here below is movie night with our friends.  We invited all the local kids to have supper and watch a movie at our house, giving the parents a night out.  9 kids, 4 pizzas and 1 movie = happy parents.  I hope we can do this again as it was easy and yet had many purposes. 




Going with the theme... here is our friend Maggie and Harlie on a Wednesday morning watching a movie.  For the past 6 years I've gone to MMO but this year I decided to ask Harlie what she wanted.  This is her only day off from school during the week and honestly, my last year to have a special day for her so Wednesday is her day.  Most days we sit at home coloring and watching tv but on occasion we have special days... like this past Wednesday when we spent the morning doing our hair, make up, and nails - Harlie style.  I should have taken pictures but didn't but I'm sure we'll have more days like this.





More friends and fun.  This is Mckenzie and our kids playing in the back of our trailer that held all our leaves.  Super fun!  As dad, not so legally, gave us a ride around the block while riding in the back.  It was like a hay ride only instead a leaf ride.




someone is hiding in here : ) 



Surprise!  It's Wendell hiding in there!


Ali got in on this too!





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below is my last minute Halloween party.  For some reason I love Halloween.. I love dressing up, the kids dressing up, I love a little scary fun (not real creepy stuff), I love carving pumpkins and I love having fun with my kids.   


Here below is our 'haunted living room'.  The kids and I made tents all over making it a crawl through path that our friends had to climb through.  I think it took us 30-45 minutes to make this and about 3 minutes to crawl through and destroy but we had a lot of fun.
This is the first door to go through.  Harlie had scary 'pictures' on the floor that made our haunted living room scary.  They were photographs my mom had taken of bugs in Florida... how funny!
Here we dressed up in some costumes we had around the house.  We had Abby and Mckenzie over for our 'party'.
 Here we had some monsters hair (rope), monster guts (cooked spaghetti), and monster eyes (grapes).  I had the kids put there hands in the buckets but they couldn't see what was in there.  Some kids were actually scared of what was in there!! : )
 My parents had given us some extra pumpkins so we had a pumpkin carving contest.





W
e
n
d
e
l
l




A
b
b
y





H
a
r
l
i
e






M
c
k
e
n
z
i
e





 Judge Phil says??
Wendell  - best smile
Abby - best teeth
Harlie - ?? we can't remember.. sorry
Mckenzie - most creative
All dressed up for trick-or-treating!  Wendell is Spiderman.. kind of obvious.  Harlie picked out this costume and it's a girl pirate off some cartoon I don't really know.. nor does she.  She just liked the costume.
 Here are our kids + our adopted daughter Mckenzie  : )
 Off we go....
But Alveda didn't get to go because she got sick just minutes before we left.  She upchucked all over our living room.  She stayed home with dad and handed out candy.  I took the kids out.  I was kind of bummed she didn't get to go but it was probably easier that way anyways.  There's always next year!


FALLOWEEN  2013

No comments: