Tuesday, May 5, 2009

baby update - 25 weeks

I'm not sure when I last updated any of you on baby life but I had another appointment today and all went good. I'm just over 25 weeks and will be in my third trimester soon.. and can hardly believe it. When I was first pregnant, I told myself to not think about it too much or I'd either worry or become impatient. I think the time has come that I better start thinking about having a baby! I haven't really gotten that big either (even though I've definitely gained weight) so I guess that's why I don't think about it much either. But lately Harlie has been moving like CRAZY and I feel jabs quite often. I'm just now starting to not sleep so good because I can't get comfortable. But it doesn't help that I have a bit of a cold/wheezing either. Last weekend we bought the paint for Harlie's room, it's a light purple and yellow. Close to this and this. Then we also have some bug (butterfly, bee, dragonfly, lady bug) stickers to put up that will make it VERY colorful. Phil will hopefully get to paint here soon then we can start arranging the room. I also ordered a cradle mattress and sheets so that she can sleep downstairs in our room for the first few months. We have bought Wendell his big boy bed but probably won't transfer him over until after Harlie comes.. I just think I'll want him confined as long as I can : ) I also need to start thinking about our "birthing plan"... and what we'll do with Wendell. I never really went into labor last time so I'm not sure what to expect this time. I'm in a lot better health/shape this round so I'm really not sure what to expect. I still exercise 3-4 times a week, and am still jogging about once a week for 30 minutes. My last jog wore me down though so I think I'll be reducing to 25 minutes here soon. I also just ordered a work out video that should help me with stretching and strengthening. Even though I can still walk/jog, I feel very "tight" and not very flexible so I would like to do more stretches. My back has been hurting a little more but it's so much better than when I was pregnant with Wendell so I can't complain. I'm hoping my work out tape will help with my back. I think that about covers everything!

2 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

It was great to see you and Wendell today! Boaz didn't wake up until 12:30!!! Next time we'll have to be sure Wendell gets to play with the 'baby.' :)

Life of the Lorenzens said...

I can't believe you're already in the third trimester! Everything goes faster the second time around. I'm starting to get anxious about how things will happen when I go into labor, too. I've enjoyed Denise Austin's latest pregnancy workout DVD, although I hardly ever do it. If you'd like to borrow it to look at it you sure can. I'll probably want it back for the post-natal workout, though. :o)