Friday, May 29, 2009

busy, breakdown, baby

Busy, breakdown and baby... pretty much sums up why I have not posted for so long. First of all, I've been pretty busy the last few weeks. I'm driven to get some house projects done before it gets too hot out. But before we do house projects we have to pay our respects and travel all over the state of Iowa to go to graduation parties (not to mention the cost of gas now adays). Then we finally have a good weather day last weekend and the power washer we're borrowing breaks down. The biggest stresser has been trying to figure out and help plan our extended family vacations - figuring out vacation time (which I'm trying to save for maternity leave), money, and a road trip have seemed to consume my last bit of energy. My work has also been a bit frustrating lately so even that has me agitated and tired. So now, I'm close to a break down. Not only is equipment breaking down but so am I. I haven't had a "good cry" in awhile but I know it's coming (hopefully no cookie lady will be there). And the last thing is "baby". We have a baby due in less than three months so my body is slowing going from quick and mobile to slow and tired. Basically, I used to be a bunny and I'm now a turtle. The sad thing is, is that I'm not really that big yet. I'm just getting started with a projectile belly.

On a good note, Phil has the baby room painted (and it looks great) so we just need to rearrange it before Harlie comes. I've got my windows cleaned for the year. The garden is mostly started and seems to be growing for the most part. I know Wendell sees the plants and he calls them "flowery". We have Phil's parents coming up this weekend and my mom is coming up to visit during the week for a few days. So I have some helpers coming!! Maybe my to do list will get done soon! Then once our "vacations" are planned then maybe I can sit back and let summer happen. I've already decided that this might be the summer of taco's, peanut butter/jelly sandwiches and paper plates. Quick, easy, and little clean up!

Well, hopefully next time, I'll have some pictures to show you but for now.. I'm off for a break before Wendell gets up from his nap. Thanks for listening. Sorry if there are typo's, I'm too tired to proofread...

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

So sorry about your past few weeks! Go ahead and have a good cry - it's good for you every now and then. Hope things start looking up soon!