Monday, June 1, 2009

no sweets for 30 days??

So last Friday, Phil says he's going off delicious homemade (and not so homemade) sweets for 30 days. So I figure what the hey.. I do need to start getting back to a more self controlled diet. We'll see what happens... not sure I can make 30 days but it's worth a shot trying. We did finish up some homemade lemonade tonight at supper but other than that I haven't had any sweets today.. and funny thing, I think making up my mind to do it was the hard part. Now that I've "decided" that I'm not eating sweets, I'm not really craving it. Of course, I'm only on day one. We make up our own "rules" and I am allowing a few things.. like yogurt and cereal. We have one "challenge" on our hands and that's the container of yummy "candy bar" ice cream that's sitting in the freezer. Maybe I should move it downstairs to the deep freeze so it's harder to get to.. out of sight, out of mind? I'll keep you updated on how I do.. might need a little prayer sent my way : )

No comments: