Wednesday, June 17, 2009

we give up...

We didn't give up on the sweets.. we're still doing good on that, but we broke down and turned our air conditioning on this evening. Although Wendell and I spent most of the day out in the pool, when we came in we just couldn't stay cooled off. Wendell spent an hour in his room (upstairs) alone today and he turned off the fan, when I went to check on him he was sweating and his room was 87 degree's.. poor guy, it was so hot especially with no air movement. Wendell and I also played in the pool this afternoon but when we came in to eat supper, I was miserable. Before supper, Phil decides to mow and when he comes in for supper he says it's pretty sad when it's almost cooler outside then inside. So, in order to sleep tonight, we turned on our air. Now that I see the forecast of 88 degree's tomorrow, then I'm not so disappointed. I guess it was bound to happen at some point especially being almost 8 months pregnant. So now as I type, I feel the cool air coming from the vent and I can't wait to go shower and actually feel clean for more than 10 minutes. Cheers to a good night of sleep!

On a side note.. Wendell and napping isn't going so well. At least today wasn't a "battle" but I didn't win either. Basically, I started off by pulling the rocking chair into the hallway so I could be there when he tried to come out, which he did, so I immediately took him back to his bed, I might have told him to stay in bed and lay down. So then he laid in bed for about 20 minutes (while I read a chapter in my book and sat in the hallway), he was goofing off while lying in bed but he wasn't playing with toys so I couldn't complain. After I finished my chapter, I decided I was sleepy so I tried laying down with him (at the foot of his bed) and he continued to lay in bed, goofy off and moving around making it impossible for me to fall asleep (at least no eye poking today). So, I then decided to sit and read another chapter while laying on the bed. Basically, an hour later - he'd been good by staying in bed and "laying" down (he didn't talk to me or bother me) but he hadn't even yawned once. So, I gave up. I simply put the baby gate up and left the room... he got up and played for about 1 1/2 hours in his room and then after he started yelling for "mama", I decided to go up and get him.. finding the poor boy sweating to death. So now Phil and I have to decide if we want to just let him play, which he seems fine with or do we put him back in the crib during nap time since he had been napping just fine. I guess the only good that comes from no nap is that he goes to bed earlier. Pretty soon that will be a battle too...

No comments: