Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 10, 2009

Looking at my past posts, it appears that pictures of Wendell's are more of a hit then "Heather's deep thoughts" so to please my readers, I thought I'd start with some fun pictures of Wendell. The first one here is him "helping" me out by sweeping off the porch. This would also be a picture before we repainted it. Oh course, I don't have an "after" picture (even though it's done) so that will have to come in a later post.
This next picture is just our silly little boy who likes to rock himself.. like most kids when they're around a rocking chair. But here with him, is his good friend "bunny". You can see it to the left of him sitting next to him. I'm not sure how long this phase will last but this bunny has been around the world and back with him. He often takes it outside, feeds it, plays with it, and has mom dance with it. I love seeing the imagination that he has when spending time with his bunny, it has been one of the first animals he has used as a "friend" and not just a stuffed animal.


And the last picture is him "helping" again. Phil had put up tape to paint Harlie's room and Wendell wanted to help out. Although Harlie's room is painted, we don't have it quite ready yet. We need to do some rearranging and finish putting the curtains up, then I'll have to post some pictures.

And the last few notes here are just of my random thoughts and updates on life. As of this coming Sunday, I will be 30 weeks along and then just 10 to go. Two weeks ago, I would have to told you that I feel great but reality of back pain, stiffness, and general fatigue are starting to set in and get old. I officially feel like an old person. I think that some of my work projects have taken a toll on how I feel but I feel the need to keep going so I can "just get it done". Luckily, most of the hard stuff is done so I plan to take a few days off from "work" and hopefully let me back recover. I also took a few days off from taking a nap myself and I have realized that it wasn't just sleep time but also time for my body to readjust/realign. So I'm back to nap time and feeling much better.
On another note with pregnancy, people keep asking if I'm ready. I think that I have most of what I need but the other day it occurred to me that we might want to buy some diapers. So in the past few days, I've been thinking of the "little things" that need to be done. Like washing baby clothes and getting them put away, getting the cradle ready, and thinking about "labor". I don't really know what to expect with labor since Wendell's birth was kind of odd so even though I don't plan to take Lamaze classes again.. I feel like I should look through the books and start talking with my doctor about what to expect for the "big day".
Just another update on "30 days off sweets". Phil and I are going strong and have not indulged in a dessert yet. I would say that I'm almost "broke" of my habit/addiction. I don't pine/crave the typical ice cream run or afternoon cookie snack. I will say last Saturday was one of the hardest days for me because I had worked outside and was just plum tired.. so naturally I wanted some ice cream. But I came up with an alternative solution and made myself a smoothie with just some yogurt and fresh fruit (no sugar added). If I hadn't had a big supper (yummy steak!), I would have added nuts and cereal to it but I didn't feel the need for it. On a interesting note, Phil had made a run to Goodwill that night and I told him that I might have to indulge in some ice cream while he was gone. I just wanted to fess up ahead of time but wouldn't torture him by eating it in front of him. He called me while he was on his way home and said he was going to have some ice cream too.. I informed him that I was making a smoothie instead and he said that sounded good and requested I make enough for two.... so, close call for us, but once again it shows my influence on what Phil eats! Phil and I discussed this morning what our plan is after our 30 days is up.. and other than a good ice cream treat we may need to tackle our next challenge and that is replacing mindless snacking with small portions of healthy snacks.
So, that's about all that's new with us. I know there are other things I could ramble on about like work, weather, and family but it sounds like Wendell is up from his nap, so I better go!

2 comments:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Welcome to "Second Child Syndrome"! You won't believe how much more laid back you become about everything the second time around. It's actually rather liberating! :o)

P.S. Congrats on sticking to the 30-day plan. I had forgotten about that. Sorry about offering the cookies the other day! ;o)

Becky Bartlett said...

We like your deep thoughts, too!! :) But it's always fun to see your little cutie!!