Monday, September 14, 2009

good day

Since I vented and shared my rough day then I thought I should share the good ones too. Today Wendell and I had a pretty good day (Harlie too). He was patient and listened and even volunteered to pick up some toys without my asking him (that was a first for him). We went to the park then did some shopping at Hy-Vee and I let him ride in the little vehicle cart so he feels like he's driving. Then he ate his meals pretty good and took a good nap. He even let me watch Oprah and didn't get into too much trouble or complain too much. Then we went for a "walk" and he rode his tricycle for almost a mile. It took him almost an hour to do it but he rode the entire way taking a few breaks here and there to observe his surroundings (glad I took the stroller and not the baby holder!). On a side note, he also picked up a leaf on the way (he's a collector). He loves to pick up leaves along our walks and his tricycle has a little compartment in the back so he puts them in there. Then he ate his supper with out any major issues and is now spending time with his dad. I might even get to publish this post in one sitting.. usually I have to stop and then come back to it later. So anyways, we had a good day. I trust that I will survive having two kiddo's.. although there will be more rough days and more good days! (sorry no pictures this post.. maybe next time?)

1 comment:

Julie Ulven said...

Yep, we have had some bad days and some good days. It is so hard to be 2. I am trying really hard not to have those breakdowns but you know, I think they are 100% normal and mean that we are sane. If we acted otherwise, I think they would lock us up. Hang in there!