Friday, January 8, 2010

2010

I've been thinking about the start of 2010 and wondering how to state my goals for the year and it comes down to one word * DISCIPLINE *. I want more discipline in my eating habits, follow through (especially with the simple things; like take my shoes off at the door and then put them away), being more playful with Wendell and Harlie and overall growth/learning. I feel like I do okay in most of these areas but I want to do better. Another thing is that I want to simplify my life... and I want to be more focused on the present time, not the future or the past.

A couple of very specific goals for both Phil and I are to go backpacking (just the two of us) and to complete a triathlon. Both to be done this summer. We are also hoping to move this year to a bigger house and I'm thinking about transferring jobs soon. By the end of the year, we will also be deciding on baby #3. So a lot for us this next year but all good things to think about.

May God bless us all this year as we lean towards him for guidance (I know we will need it!).
So with that, I say welcome to the year 2010!

** on a side note, Phil and I are celebrating 10 years of marriage today! Phil took the day off so we had fun spending the day together. For fun, I gave my wedding dress some fresh air by trying it on. It pretty much looks the same only a little too big for me now. We dug out the tub titled 'wedding' and looked through it and reviewed who came to our wedding with only a few names of whom we didn't know. We also saw that our silverware is now tarnished but repairable if we want. We read through our wedding vows and also some of the advice we were given at a shower. So a fun day we have had, and a great 10 years!

2 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Life of the Lorenzens said...

What a lot of neat things to do on your anniversary! You have some really great goals for 2010. I'm excited to hear about your journey toward accomplishing them. I haven't set a lot of specific goals like I did last year. I have been pondering some things, though. We'll see what 2010 brings!