Sunday, January 17, 2010

All in Perspective

In the last few days I've learned a couple things about my perspective on my life. A few weeks ago I would have told you that I was most likely quitting my job and transferring to a different house (same job, same company, different group home) that I had recently applied for. My current job was tearing me down and making me very tired and stressed (we got a new lady when I went on maternity leave and I rarely get to sleep through the night and I was having some issues with my supervisor). But after doing a site visit to another site last week I realize that my job isn't so bad for several reasons that I won't go into.... but I've been working this weekend and feel that my job is just fine. Last week I hated it.. this week, it's not so bad.

Another issue on perspective is that I'm still running this winter.. I ran through the cold even in the negative temps. When 30 degree's first hit this winter I thought it was cold but now that we've survived the -20's then +30 feels great. So running has been much better (as long as roads aren't too snowy) and playing outside has been a possibility again. So, two months ago 30 was cold.. today, 30 is nice and toasty.

Sometimes, I think God has a funny way of showing us that life is okay just as it is. The grass may seem greener on the other side but sometimes our side is just as luscious.

No comments: