Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas 2009

Well, we survived our 9 Christmas' and 1 birthday party for closing up 2009. Unfortunately, this time of year is always pretty tiring for us due to all the traveling that we do. This last weekend made for the 3rd weekend in a row for being out of town and that always wears us out (and doesn't count all the Thanksgiving travel a few weeks before that). It is always nice to see family and friends and to catch up on each others lives, I just wish it didn't have to happen all at one time. I will say though, when I reflect on the reason why we have Christmas, it makes me disappointed in myself. I like to think that God is happy that we celebrate the birth of his son but most likely is highly disappointed and angry at the outcome. I know that Christmas shouldn't be about gifts, food, family and a tree but yet, I still do it. Phil and I did talk about how we as our own family plan to do Christmas next year and hopefully following years. So far, I'm planning to make some kind of cupcakes/muffins so we can sing Happy Birthday to Jesus on Christmas morning and Phil likes the idea of 3 gifts (one worth $, one piece of clothing, and one faith centered item) from the wise men. We did go to the Christmas Eve church service and will plan to continue to do that. But so far I'm adding more things in (that are important) but some day, we might need to consider taking things out, like the constant travel.

On a good note, 2010 is well underway, a little cold but underway. I have been thinking about a few goals but will share them another time. For now, here are some fun pictures from the last few weeks. Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year!






3 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

Beautiful family picture!!!

Julie Ulven said...

We do the 3 gifts and while it is not as much fun watching presents being opened, it works. Mieke will adjust. She gets enough from grandparents and friends to make up for it. I love your photo!

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Cute family picture. Glad you survived Christmas! It's sad because Christmas shouldn't be about "survival". Good luck making tough decisions in the coming years.