Monday, April 26, 2010

8 months old

Harlie is now 8 months old and she has changed so much in the past month. The main thing is her mobility. She can crawl now, a bit slow but she gets around. She can pull up in her crib which means sometimes I find her standing there waiting for me to get her and sometimes she's standing there right after I lay her down, but I just leave her and eventually she falls asleep. She actually has really good balance and just tonight she stood for about 5 seconds on her own but she doesn't really take any steps yet. She has two big top teeth coming through and one bottom one has broken through as well. She's also chatting more and making different sounds. The only not so good thing is that she's still not eating any types of food. Recently, I tried cut up green beans, carrots, baby puff cereal, cheese, yogurt, bread, and a sippy cup of water and no go on any of it. I would say maybe on a partial bite of yogurt but that's because it liquidized in her mouth. And possibly a bite of the cereal if it disintegrated in her mouth but for the most part she kicks it all back out. She does seem very interested and loves to put food in her mouth, it just all comes back out. I might try putting some cereal in a bottle and see what thinks of that... and I might call the doctor but I don't really think there's much we can do... just wait until she's ready. Harlie is still a good sleeper and takes naps pretty well but it does seem she's been quite crabby the last month or so and I think it's from her teeth and also because she wants to 'walk' and hold my fingers and I don't always have the time and patience to sit and do that with her for long amounts of time. Otherwise here are some pictures I took today.

This one shows her teeth pretty well. They are quite big and look like 'buck' teeth.


This one is just a funny face.



This is what I see quite often during the day.


Wendell having some fun with her... guess she doesn't like the headphones.


And totally off topic; here is a picture of our supper. Rice (didn't make rice-a-roni as planned as I was distracted with my homemade chicken broth that I dumped in too much rice), steamed carrots and asparagus, and then talapia. The fish was quite tasty tonight and all I did was put some cooking spray in a pan and cooked it up. It was super easy and quite tasty. Then for 'dessert' we had some bread w/butter and strawberry jelly (another fit and active kind from Aldi that is considered a low sugar jelly but very tasty!) which is not in the picture. Yum, yum!



1 comment:

Becky Bartlett said...

Do you guys like tilapia? I have a couple bags of it from Sams that we aren't going to use... you can have it if you want! It was a bit too fishy for us. We'll stick with our bland flounder. Email me if you want it! :)