Sunday, May 16, 2010

update

I thought I'd take a moment and give an update on life.

triathlon - training is going well. I just did another practice run yesterday and swam 20 laps in about 20 minutes (kind of slow but I'm not expecting great improvement), then went to bike and it took about 50 minutes to go about 14 miles (turns out my bike tires were low so hopefully I can pick up the pace on that next time), and then ran 3 miles and that was about 35 minutes (which is to be expected for now). I did find that my legs were just tired at the end of the race so I tried something different, I felt totally goofy but I think it worked. Instead of my usual full leg kick when running, I shortened it up so it was almost more like a shuffle. So although I was tired of lifting my legs I was able to run a bit faster with the shuffle run. I was a bit more winded but it was worth it just to be done with the race.

Other thoughts: I can feel my energy draining as I see all the time and energy it takes to train for this race. With Phil and I both training, I feel like we're busy all the time. I also feel like I'm in good shape and I enjoy the workouts (for the most part) but I think I will be glad when this is done. I probably won't do another triathlon for long time... maybe when the kids are out of the house. Another issue is that the race I've been planning falls on Phil's family vacation. So I've been searching for another race. At this point my best option is the one at George Wyth, at the end of September. Yeah, more time to train.. yeah, more time spent at this task. I'm at the point I kind of just want to get it done but there aren't any real options that are somewhat close and work with our schedules.

house - We have not sold our house but someone looked at it yesterday that sounded very interested. She hadn't completed the loan paperwork so we'll see. We haven't had many lookers the last week or so with the tax break being done. Hopefully it picks up once school is out.

Other thoughts: We did; however, find another house that we are excited about. It was built in 1896, yes 1896! It's in Waterloo and has 5 bedrooms. It's quite the opportunity and needs some work but the price is low so we'd have extra money to fix it up.

kids - Harlie is getting another tooth (a runny nose comes with that), she's eating pretty well now and crawls all over. Wendell is doing very good with potty training (#1 and #2).

Other thoughts: I am really hoping this will be a fun summer for us as both kids are at fun ages.

upcoming events - My sister (who lives in Ohio) is getting married in June so we'll be traveling out for that. Since we're half way there then we are venturing to Maryland to see a good friend who I went to college with.

3 comments:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

I hope you find another race to do. I know the training must be a huge committment and I can see how it just becomes draining physically, mentally and emotionally.

Congrats on finding another house! Where is it located?

Yay for big boys and good eaters! Harlie is way ahead of Lincoln in the teeth department. I almost wish he would just get some more so I feel more comfortable feeding him table food. (He still only has the bottom two.)

You're brave to attempt such a big trip to the East Coast! I hope you have a great time. :o)

Sarah Craft said...

Whew! What a post!

Sounds like all is going well with the training. But I think you better post a video of the shuffle. Maybe you are onto something...and if not, then maybe you can provide us with a chuckle. KIDDING, KIDDING, only KIDDING!

Sarah Craft said...

I think your blog hates me. I have tried multiple times to post various comments on various posts. Maybe if I complain then it will work this time....Let's try.