Saturday, July 3, 2010

10 months come and gone..

Oops.. missed Harlie's 10 month birthday.


I have no pictures to share but wanted to just jot down a few notes about her. First off, we thought she'd be walking by now. Not that we're disappointed but she has been very mobile for awhile now. But she seems very happy with crawling and climbing and really shows no interest in walking yet. Oh well, it will come.


I also thought I'd be done breastfeeding when she reaches a year old but at the rate we're going, I'll be breastfeeding for awhile. She still nurses 3-4 times a day; if I'm not around she doesn't need a bottle so that's good (so that means I'm not pumping as much) but once she sees me then I can tell she wants to nurse, even if it's just a few minutes. So unless I tell her no then for now I'll keep nursing her. It wouldn't really matter but I was planning to do a backpacking trip this summer with just Phil and me to celebrate our 10 year anniversary (pumping is not a real option out in the backwoods and I don't want to be engorged the whole time). So I probably would have until October to do this if we're going to do it and would most likely mean weaning her.


She is eating normal food for the most part. It appears she's picky some days and doesn't care the next. She's pretty "moody" when it comes to food. But on a good note, her high pitched screaming phase is pretty much done. She still cries when in the high chair and gets fussy sometimes but at least it's not the piercing scream causing immediate pain to our brain nerves.

She seems to be "talking" more which is just jabber but might be on her way to saying "dada". But not counting on logging that as an official word for awhile. One thing that I've really found adorable lately is her pudgy little hands. I really need to take a picture of them. They are quite normal and very babyish but just the cute adorable pudgy look. I'm also finding her hair is getting long; which is good with her being a girl but it's kind of shaggy looking and food gets in it all the time. I think pretty soon we'll begin the battle of barrettes and ponytail holders.


Once last thing, I don't know how much she weighs but it's definitely over 20 lbs (I think about 21 or 22 lbs); and I have no idea how tall she is. We were probably suppose to make a 9 month appt. but never did. Guess we'll go back in a couple of months. Overall, she seems very healthy and moody.. typical girl? Oh dear, I'm not exactly the emotional type so we'll see how I handle a daughter who boo-hoo's at the smallest things. We'll see, maybe it's just a baby phase? We'll hope so for now otherwise I'll have to take a 101 class on how to deal with girly emotions.

No comments: