Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Triathlon




September 26th, 2010. Peregrine Charities Triathlon. George Wyth State Park. Waterloo. Iowa.


10 weeks.


Thus begins, full training mode.





** pictured above is Phil in his wet suit and me in my "tri" suit... tri shorts and a tri tank.


I'm excited for tomorrow night as we will do our second open water swim and there will swimming experts available. I am planning to try to swim with Phil a full mile even though for race day I will only do 1/2 mile. I think I can do it and it will be a good workout. I have told myself that I will lose the last 10-15 lbs for this year and so I've been back on a fairly strict diet of watching what I eat. For anyone interested, I am a food pyramid follower. I like to eat 6-8 breads, 3 veggies, 3 fruits, 2-3 meats, and 2-3 dairies a day. My goals is to eat in moderation but not go hungry (I hate a growling tummy and low blood sugar). Phil is a calorie counter so occasionally, I look at calories and fat when comparing food choices.


GOAL: to loose the obese label on my medical chart and complete the triathlon in less than 2 hours

** last picture.. Heather entertaining herself. First off, no I'm not sniffing my arm pit. Now that I work out a lot (even though my body does NOT look overly muscular) I feel stronger and because I feel stronger I jokingly kiss my bicep every once in awhile, usually in response to something Phil says, and me totally being a goof ball. A funny story for you.. one time I was walking at the mall and a teenage kid walked by with his "muscles" showing.. the feminist side of me so wished I really had muscles so I could flex at him and walk off.... I know, I'm weird. But here is a picture for the sake of a good laugh.





2 comments:

Sarah Craft said...

You guys look great in your professional gear! I'm happy the rain held off last night so you could get your open water swim in. Keep flexing those muscles!

Charlotte said...

I think you're looking pretty awesome already, Heather! You & Phil are doing an amazing job! Keep it up! Dad & I are so proud of both of you! Love you, Mom & Dad