Monday, July 26, 2010

injury

I think I've now had my first "injury". On Thursday I noticed that the back of my right shoulder/neck was hurting (I'm sure there is a name for the muscle but I don't know it). I assumed that I slept on it wrong and it was just a kink in my neck, no big deal. Then Friday came and it wasn't much better but I went on my bike ride anyways, and realized I could not turn my neck back to see the kids behind me in the trailer. Hmm.. is the injury from biking or sleeping? On Friday, I pulled out the tylenol and heating pad in an attempt to feel some relief. Then on Saturday, it got worse and I thought, ut oh.. I really don't want to go to the doctor for this because there was no real "injury" and my doctor is a quack and would send me in for x'rays, a physical therapist, and insist that I reschedule to see her in two weeks (yeah, she's a little over the top). On Saturday, I told Phil maybe this was day three and it would get better tomorrow. On Saturday night, Phil and his giant man hands massaged and massaged and whulaa it felt GREAT Sunday morning. What the heck? Was that a miracle or what? So to not make things worse, I did not work out on Sunday but thought maybe I'd try swimming on Monday morning as I didn't think it would hurt my neck too much. So today I went swimming and no major issues but maybe a little stiffness. I think I'm on the home stretch to my "injury". I get home, clean up, and put on my clean spare sports bra (I prefer wearing sports bra as I like the support) and within 20 minutes my neck is throbbing again. Hmmm... that's odd.. could my sports bra be causing the injury? I know that seems odd but the truth of the matter. It is a really old bra that I'm embarrassed to admit having mended on more than one occasion to fit me so it really doesn't fit like it's suppose to. It pulls up higher on my back, more between my shoulder blades. So, I guess I'll be spending the money and buying a new bra soon. Something I hate to do.. but we'll discuss that another time and perhaps in a more private setting. So, I'm not sure yet but we'll see. I might not be able to say I have a sports injury but more appropriately a sports bra injury.

1 comment:

Sarah Craft said...

A sports bra injury?! Oh, Heather! I think that may be a first. Hope you get to feeling better soon. You better take yourself shopping!