Sunday, July 25, 2010

bloggish

Yep, I made a new word, in fact two new words. I haven't really felt very bloggey this month and I think it's because I feel bloggish. This selling and buying a house stuff is for the birds. We've had three different people sound VERY interested in our house only to find they don't return the next phone call.. so I can understand this isn't the house for them but they could at least call back. And I think we've had well over 100 flyers go from our front yard.. where are they all going? How many more copies do we have to make? And with selling comes the stress of finding a house and for Phil and I this has become a very hard decision. We ask ourselves: do we want small town? city life? long drive? short drive? is this really a safe neighborhood? what kind of school should we send our kids? how much work do we want to do on it? and on and on.

Here are some other questions that have been going through my mind: Will we be sending Wendell to preschool? (we're on a waiting list) How much work can/should I put into the triathlon? Should I try and do my best? Or just be happy with completing it? When and where should we have Harlie's birthday party? Who should we invite? How much more hotter and humid is it going to get? (although today is nice out) Will I ever cool off and quit sweating? What will happen with my work? (A lot of changes in the next two months) What if I hate work again? What will we do? How will I keep my sanity? How many times do I have to dishes today to keep my kitchen clean? Why do I feel so sluggish in the afternoons and what can I do about it? (coffee doesn't help) When's the last time I read a good fiction book? When's the last time I saw a good movie? I wonder if I should try volunteering with the kids? and if so, what can we do? and on and on.

My brain is like a hamster on a wheel. Just keeps going ... no wonder I'm so tired.

Am I the only one who just thinks and thinks and thinks?

1 comment:

Julie Ulven said...

You are the normal mom of two children with a house to sell and a job that has some uncertainties. You should be proud of yourself for training and working toward a goal with the added benefit of getting a buff body as a result. You rock!