Monday, September 12, 2011

the big race

I thought I'd update you all on the big race.  Less then two weeks away and I'm really not prepared but that's okay.  My plan and hope is to just take my time and enjoy the race.  It's hard to make yourself slow down and enjoy yourself when you want to go hard (but you can't go hard on an endurance race).  I did a brick last weekend and biked 25 miles, dumped the bike and took off to run (or tried to run) 6 miles.  I made it a solid 4 miles and then had to walk a bit, then I picked it back up but at a very slow pace.  Oh well, I learned that I need to slow down if I want to finish a strong run.  After this I can slow down the workouts and just get back to a normal life.  I think winter I might try something different, like aerobics, or the elliptical, or I'm not sure what.  I will have to keep my gym pass so I'll have to do something there so it's worth the money (I get a discount through work, and Phil really wants to keep it so he can swim).  I could go to church and try out their classes.  Not sure yet.. but not to worry about this for a few more weeks.  I think after this, I will consider summer to be done and we will move onto the next chapter of life : )

1 comment:

Sarah Craft said...

I know it is still a couple of weeks away but I want to wish you lots of luck on your race, Heather! You have been training foreverrrrr and I know you are in great shape. You will do well!!!