Wednesday, December 7, 2011

jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way!

Christmas is one of those times of year that you just love having little kids.  Here we are getting ready for the season.


putting up lights outside

Wendell dressed in Christmas stockings and an elf hat, oh and a sweatshirt that would fit Harlie

This headband is a new tradition in our household, we got it last year but I love wearing it because it has bells.  When I'm stressed I like to put it on. 

Her reaction was the same as ours.  We knew Wendell made this ornament last year at preschool but could not remember what it was.  It took me a couple of days but I remembered.. they had made a birthday cake for Jesus.  (Um yep.. looks just like a birthday cake Wendell.. good job  : ) I did write on the back so we'd remember in the future.  Definitely a keeper but I'd never remember it 20 years from now.

what cheese balls

random picture insert here... Wendell decided he wanted to camp out in Harlie's room last night and since it wasn't a school night (last night) then we let them.  He would have been asleep in no time but Harlie kept him up.  Finally I turned out every lick of light and she crashed too.   I know they'll want to do this more often which is great as they will probably be sharing a room in a few months for a few months.

Our Christmas lights.  This year I finally made my own nativity scene.  I like it but we have to get the lighting figured out.  We bought solar lights but they aren't working very well (probably due to the cloudy sky) so I'm not sure if we'll take them back and just buy plug in lights or see if these lights get better.  I really want to have music playing (some christian Christmas music) but Phil and I both agree that nobody would probably figure it out and then it would be a waste of time.  We'll see, maybe I'll just play it for myself.



Anyways, that's our fun for now.  We haven't really been out and about to scope out Christmas lights yet but hopefully this weekend or next week.  We're quite notorious for making Mc D's ice cream runs in the middle of winter.   

4 comments:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Love the nativity scene! How did you make it?

Heather's Henhouse said...

Just a board and paint.. and we put two hinges and 2X4's on the back as legs. (I can take a picture of the back if you want me to.) There were a variety of pictures off internet to chose from. It really was simple.. and I figure I can repaint it if it gets old.

charla said...

Love the nativity scene! Super duper job!

charla said...

Love the pics too! Beautiful kids, cant wait to hug on them! :)