Thursday, April 12, 2012

Slow Poke and baby's room

We had a temporary pet over the weekend.  I found a slug after it had rained and thought the kids might like to check him out.  Since I was at the store and found a $1 bug container, I thought I'd buy it to contain him.  I like it so much we might have to buy a nicer one - one you can actually see through the plastic and that doesn't leak water at the bottom.  I guess we'll see how this one goes.

Wendell and Harlie were a bit scared off him at first but you can see they warmed up to him.

Wendell named him Slow Poke.

I don't really know why she has her helmet on.. she wasn't that scared of Slow Poke

I love this picture.. it's hard to know what it is as it looks like an alien in a space suit but it's just Harlie (in her helmet) looking at Slow Poke.

Slow Poke

Today Harlie was Miss Helpful by making dad his lunch.  She packed a plastic container of orange peels (leftover from yesterday that was sitting on the counter), a small jar of yeast and a container of cottage cheese.  Yummm!! : )  I asked her to smile and she said "I AM!".

baby's room is done.. 99% of the way done.

just need a real baby : )

Wendell and Harlie's room

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

We can bring you a bunny or some chickens! A slug is an original one but what fun!