Tuesday, October 9, 2012

fall fun!

 
We visited the 'farm'.  Well, it's not really a farm.  I grew up in the country, around farmers, but my parents did not farm themselves.  Here is Harlie holding a beloved kitten.  She loved them, they loved her yet there were lots of scratch marks.


Some times we use my nursing cover as a blanket for Ali.  Here is Wendell, on the way home from my parents, sleeping with the 'blanket'.  Great idea Wendell!
 
__________________________________________________
 
This is only the begining...
 
 

 
 here comes some fun!
 
(I call this trailer the 'red tomato')

 oh yah! who wouldn't love this?
 
 
 Harlie's in on it too!
 

 ohhh.. so handsome!

 that's my girl!
  yep, we filled it up
 
 
 saw this turkey on the way to the yard waste center
 
 
 got home and found this.. I wasn't too surprised.
 
 
Every year we take pictures on the day we rake leaves and every year its so fun!  This year I convinced Phil to leave a pile for the kids to play in.  I figure we can have at least one pile to play in for a few weeks.  The kids love to rake it up, then jump in it, like most kids. The other day they made a 'birds nest'.  The ideas they have are so creative!
 
 
__________________________________________________
 
 
So I thought if I took Wendell on a bike ride then I'd take Harlie on one too!
 
 
 
 



We rode for about 20 minutes and hiked/explored for about 10.  She might be more of a hiker than a biker.  Only time will tell..  either way I'm glad ours kids like being out in nature.



 
Just like me when I was a kid, she likes rocks.  And my mom has some funny stories to tell you about my childhood and rocks. 30 years later, I can see Harlie is just like me with a love for rocks.  This rock was a token she found while out on our bike ride.  I asked how she was going to get it home and she said 'your bag'.  Well, I didn't have my bag so this little squirt put it in my water bottle cage.  Great idea Harlie! It did make it safely home : )


__________________________________________________


 Peace out.

No comments: