Saturday, September 29, 2012

fall is here!

Fall is here.. and I'm so excited.  The weather is great, the leaves are pretty, and the change of season is so refreshing.  I'm one of those people that really doesn't like the heat in the summer so this time of year is so refreshing for me.  I love putting on blue jeans and a sweatshirt!  In all honestly, I love all season of Iowa and I'm always ready to move onto the next one. 
 
In celebration of the change, I think I'm going to do another bucket list for this season.  I'm excited to write down: bike rides (again), hot cocoa, hot bubble bath, drawing with Wendell, Ali starting solids, Harlie ??, fishing, Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas, Wendell's birthday, a few school events, etc... I see a list in the making!  Then I might do another one starting in January.  It's just nice to see what we have to look forward to  and then at the end of the season to actually see what we did.     
 
 
 
Wendell (and sometimes Harlie) and I have started doing some drawings together.  Wendell really loves this so we bought two sketch pads so we could keep them together and we could each have our own.  We've completed about 5 so far and they are all different.  My mom even mailed us some oil pastels (a fancy crayon) so that has been a change to add color (thanks Mom!).  Most of our drawings have been just pencil/led.
 










 
On another note, this is a stack of papers that Wendell's teacher sent home.
 

I had told her she could send things home for me to do to help her out, so she sent this giant stack of papers that needs to be cut out.  Each word needs cut out and then each sheet needs paper clipped together.


Although I do own scissors, I thought this project might need a little more help so I spent some $$ and invested in one of these (paper cutter).  It was kind of pricey but that ream of paper just seemed to keep growing every time I looked at it.

 
I got one color done and it took me about an hour.... wow.. I didn't quite realize what I have signed up for.  Luckily she sent a note that said 'no rush'.  Which is good but I will admit this was a bit more than I had bargained for.  Oh well..  if any of you have heard Dave Bartlett's story about making pizza.  I will remind my self, this is my job for Jesus.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 This is a look of pride.  Wendell has been making us 'snacks' lately.  Although this is meal for some, this is apparently a snack for Wendell.  It has 1/2 pb/nutella sandwich with peanut's and chocolate chips on the inside, some apples, raisins, marshmallows, and sunflower seeds.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Our neighbor is tearing down her garage so we've been watching the progress.  It seems this project is going to take a couple of weeks but luckily the kids know to stay away.  The garage wasn't as bad as this pictures shows.. this is after they started tearing it down.









Tonight's drawings.










Any guess at what this is? ........... these are pieces of material (and the top of a quilt) that was covering our plants in our garden so they didn't get frost.  I think we did it 2-3 nights and it actually worked!  I bet the neighbors thought we were having a circus or something but that's okay.. it was kind of nice seeing color in our yard.

That's all for now!  Happy fall!

2 comments:

charla said...

Love the drawings! Happy you are enjoying your 'fancy' crayons! (Gotta love amazon :)

Sarah Craft said...

Fun post! That is really thoughtful of you to help out Wendell's teacher. I bet she was very appreciative. Have fun making your fall bucket list. You are already off to a great start.