Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Haaaarrrrrrlie : ) summer 2012

One of the kids' favorite movies is The Incredibles... and so in honor of that movie, I'll call our daughter Flexagirl!  This is Miss Harlie under the footstool (a very good hiding spot!).

Who knows what they were talking about but it looks pretty serious.
our sweeties!

Craft project #2 (I think we did about 3 all summer long, for some reason we're just not crafty). 
Anyways, this is cardboard cut outs of different shapes. 
Wendell and I taught Harlie her shapes and it made for a fun puzzle. 
How could I forget!  She turned 3 years old in August.  We survived being 2!!  She's alive and well and I'm not in a a mental hospital. 

It was a long year but we're slowing moving into a better phase of life (note: H aaaarrrr  lie : )
I think God had a plan when we named her!

Grandma made a neat butterfly cake, thanks Grandma! (I always thought I'd just love making my kids their own birthday cake but for some reason, I'm ready to pass the buck
... maybe when I'm a Grandma I'll start again?)  I always said I can't wait to be a grandma!
this captures her personality perfectly!

and so does this! 

The only problem is recently she has decided she doesn't want to ride this bike,
she likes the old red trike better.  Hmm.. not sure why.

Although she's a tough one, she's also soft at heart.  Phil told me the other day that Wendell accidentally whacked another kid in the neighborhood (not sure how) while playing.  Then that kid in return, hit Wendell much harder out of anger/instinct.  Anyways, apparently Harlie was HOT that someone would hurt 'my Wendell' AKA 'my boy'.  : )

No comments: