Thursday, September 20, 2012

my new favorite!


A fresh, homemade, bowl of cereal.  (well, that's what it'll be tomorrow when I eat it for breakfast at work in the morning).   I take some whole grain oatmeal and either add 1. raisins, cinnamon/sugar (which flavors the milk), and almonds OR 2. chocolate chips, coconut, and peanuts.  Then I just pour cold milk over it and I have a bowl of cereal.

It's not quite as cruncy munchy as cereal in a box but if I sit and take my time I actually enjoy the flavors.  Plus, the nuts add some crunch.

Anyways, I love it so I had to share.

I'm sure I'll try more option, got any suggestions for me to try?

1 comment:

Sarah Craft said...

I haven't tried this but it may be a worthy idea...
What about pumpkin pie spice with a touch of brown sugar and nuts? With the start of fall I'm all about pumpkin things. Chopped up dried apple would be good too, especially if you warmed up your 'cereal'. Have fun experimenting.