Friday, September 21, 2012

how's it going?

Such an innocent and honest question, that I know you want to know the answer, especially us stay at home moms who really can have moment to moment days.  But lately, I have found that I ask myself that often during the day and I sit and think about, how is it going?  Now for most people, this might be a good time to reflect but lately I find that I'm analyzing, how is my day going?  I feel like I'm looking for reasons to declare it a bad day.  In fact.. unless I think of something positive and good then I feel depressed about my day even though nothing really bad has happened.  Now, I think this is getting to the point of ridiculous analyzing so I want to change that. 

Does anyone have this drama?  (drama that really isn't there)

On another note, my analyzing alone is getting to be just a little bit chaotic.  I used to work 40+ hours a week where all I did was tick things off my list.  Now I still do that but in my quiet mind that is constantly running.  Do I have racing thoughts? NO.   Am I crazy?  (snicker.. well, depends on who you ask).  Am I isolated?  Yes, as any stay at home mom is.  But I do think God has given me this time as a stay at home mom to really think about things, especially my relationship with him. 

Usually I am a positive person (and it is authentic) but this question, lately, had been a downer for me.  So... does anyone else have these problems?

No comments: