Tuesday, August 3, 2010

11 months old

In my tummy a year ago and now we're gearing up to celebrate her one year birthday. What a sweetie pie we have. She's not a huge snuggler but she does put her head on our shoulder once in awhile, especially when around strangers. Phil has been rocking her at night time so now she's learned to rest her head and snuggle in (or go to bed). She's also very rascally with getting into things and climbing on things. I didn't think to take a picture but today she was standing on the arm of this little white chair (pictured below) hanging onto the woodwork. Both feet on the top arm (actually one was kind of hanging off into mid air). Anyways, she usually cries when she gets stuck and this was one of those occasions. So she loves to climb and explore just like her little brother. She is crawling everywhere, very fast and has just started taking a few steps. She's up to five but it takes a lot of encouragement.. but she loves to practice.

Here's a few stats: Harlie naps twice a day, usually around 9:30am and again in the afternoon. She nurses 2-3 times a day and eats about 4 times a day. Her favorite foods are mac-n-cheese and spaghetti but I think the spaghetti sauce is giving her indigestion as she's starting to spit up again. It's like a mini puke and then she's fine... hmmm. She doesn't usually eat in large amounts so I don't think that is it. I think she's a bit pickier with foods than her brother but is still a good eater for the most part. She definitely likes her desserts unlike Wendell so I'm excited to see what she does with chocolate cake on her birthday. She hasn't been to the doctor in awhile so I don't know how long she is or how much she weights.. speaking of that I probably need to make her appointment.

In the last month, Harlie has gone to the petting zoo and been around a few other dogs so now I see that she also loves animals. She's willing to her hands on anything that loves her back. This is scary for me because I know she pulls hair and who knows what'll bite her.. I know I would if she pulled my hair : )

Harlie has discovered what her bedroom means so anytime we start to climb the stairs and go in her room she cries and arches her back... because it's nap time.. or bed time. I think it's kind of funny unless she cries and cries and cries which she does on occasion.

She also loves her brother very much. On the rare occasion that Wendell takes a nap he usually sleeps longer than him.. and it doesn't take Harlie long to start climbing the stairs to go look for him. The best is listening to Wendell talk to her. Sometimes in the car she's not so happy so he'll tell her "it's okay" or "we're almost home" in a soft gentle voice. Usually he's a bit rowdy with her (and any other baby). He loves to get in their face, grab their wrists and growl... not sure what's up with that as I don't believe Phil or I have EVER done that to him or a baby.

One last thought, her hair seems to be lightening and a lot of people say it looks red. I'm almost positive that they did the same thing with Wendell so I think she'll end up with brown hair like the rest of us but for now its a blond reddish tint.. and wispy.

And I leave you with some pictures from my favorite photographer (WPH), he cracks me up.




















1 comment:

Sarah Craft said...

Happy 11 month birthday, Harlie! You're a cutie!