Monday, August 30, 2010

what a week!

What week we've had! Some good, some not so good, some to come...

  1. Last Wednesday we had a party for Harlie's birthday. We had lots of kids, moms, and friends over. It was fun to have a group of people to help us celebrate her big day. Then in the evening my dad came up and took us out to eat so that was a double special treat for us.
  2. Thursday and Friday were normal days for us... at least nothing stands out at this point.
  3. Saturday Phil and I had a big "bike" practice run scheduled for our triathlon. We got a babysitter and then planned to ride out to George Wyth, where the race is, and then ride our triathlon route. (16 miles for me and 23 miles for Phil). We rode out 8 miles with the wind to our backs and felt great.. then we returned. Phil smoked me about 1/2 way back where he turned off to finish his leg and I returned back to our starting point. Our plan was that he would be about 30-40 minutes after me so I was going to run 2-3 miles and do a back to back workout. Well, first, the wind KILLED me on the way back. Straight wind right at me, I was going 17-19 miles per hour out and then 7-10 miles per hour back. So lets just say it took FOREVER and was PAINFUL. So by the time I got back, I tired to run but just couldn't so I waited patiently for Phil to get back, and waited some more, and some more and after about an hour I thought I better ride back to see what was going on. Of course I had left my cell phone with the babysitter so I was sitting phoneless. Well, I rode about a 1/2 mile back and found Phil walking his bike towards me. He had gotten a flat.. about 5 miles back.. ergg. Pour guy had to walk his bike in that wind and heat. So I rode home quickly, took the babysitter home and then picked up Phil. The real bum thing is that Phil has had about 7-8 flat tires on this bike.. and after several different fixes.. we are starting to think it's just bad luck. He's very frustrated as race day is near and what if this happens on race day?
  4. Sunday - crack of dawn - I'm at work sleeping peacefully and Phil is awakes to a bat in the house. He had seen the bat twice in the past two weeks but we could not find it anywhere so we just left it. Then it wakes him up as always seems to happen. This bat wouldn't leave through the normal way - out the door - so eventually Phil had to swat it with the broom. What a brave guy! I would have run out of the room, curled up in a blanket with a ski mask on, hiding under the table or with Wendell up in bed. Anyways, this is Phil's third bat so he's getting quite experienced at this... but he's not happy about being woken up. Couldn't this happen at 9 or 10pm?
  5. So today is Monday.. and I sure hope life slows down.. but on Wednesday night I go back to work and will be a new house, with two new ladies, and one new staff in the morning. I am banking on it all going well but it will be a big change for me. This and the triathlon and MAJOR events for the summer are done. Thank goodness!!
  6. This weekend we're off to see Phil's family. I'm looking forward to getting out of Looville!!

No comments: