Thursday, September 2, 2010

don't think about it, don't worry about it, when it comes - just do it

There are 2 of 3 things done in the past few weeks that I haven't talked about much due to nerves.

#1 to check off my list is that I had to read parts of the Bible at my brothers wedding. I chose to basically ignore this request for the most part and my plan worked. I did not think about it and in the end I read just fine. I will say I read the versus once he sent them to me to make sure they were English to me, then marked them the day before the wedding and lastly tried very hard to not think about it. I did make one blurb but it was minor and I just kept reading and no matter how much I could have practiced, it still could have happened.

For now, my new life motto is "don't think about, don't worry about, when it comes - just do it".

And #2 is that my work life just took a fairly major change. If you remember from a long time ago, one very difficult lady moved out and then last month another moved in. And so far we get along just fine. Then yesterday, those three ladies all moved to another house with 2 other ladies. So now I will oversee five ladies instead of three. And in the process I will also gain a co-worker in the morning hours. So last night I went to work at a new location, with new people and worked with a new staff. Everything was VERY disorganized and chaotic but in the end I think I will get along with the ladies and the staff so I'm excited. I think once I've slept there a few times I will also sleep better.

And at this point I'm not talking about #3 as it has not happened so I "don't think about it, don't worry about, when it comes - just do it". As you can guess, it's not a fun thing so I'm not really looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Sarah Craft said...

Hey...you gotta do whatever works best for you! Good luck!

Life of the Lorenzens said...

I'm glad to hear that your new work situation at least sounds promising even if it will take awhile to adjust and get organized.