Monday, September 20, 2010

Less than a week.. the count down is on!

Less than a week for the big TRIATHLON!! And now that my dreaded weekend is done I can focus on the next big thing. I will say I am very excited and also getting a little nervous. My goal is 2 hours or less.. and I have a feeling I'll finish in 2hrs and 2 minutes or something silly like that. I finally bought a watch that is waterproof so I'll be able to keep my own time which should help my motivation. I suspect the water will be chilly (it was last Monday and will probably be tonight as well) but at least I know it. Last Monday I got in and it was one of those situations where I couldn't really take a deep breath at first because it was just chilly out. But I decided to just plunge in and get going and then I did fine. Swimming is exercise so it gets your heart rate and body temperature up so as long as I was moving then I didn't feel cold.. if anything the cold water made me swim faster : )

Phil and I are planning our after party and here's our line up so far; on Sunday go to the hot tub at RP (where we swim), eat a whole package of peanut butter oreo's with icecream or chocolate milk, grill steak, and I just scheduled for us to get massages on Monday afternoon (we both took the day/night off).

We'll see what other fun we come up with but for now that's our excitement. Phil and I have been training for this since February so once it's done we'll see what's next. I know we'll keep working out this winter but maybe take it easy until we come up with some brilliant idea for next year.

So if you have nothing else better to do on Sunday. We are racing at George Wyth near the boat ramp, starting around 7:30am. We're telling everyone to bring your binoculars, a comfy seat, and a hot drink as we'll be there for awhile.

4 comments:

phunt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky Bartlett said...

Go get 'em!!!

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Your after-party sounds magnificent! Good luck--we'll be thinking about you!!

Sarah Craft said...

Good luck! I'm so proud of how hard you have worked. You are going to be great and you both totally deserve a little time off/party time aftewards. HAVE FUN!!!!