Sunday, September 26, 2010

I am a triathlete.


showing off our tri tats that we had to put on the night before, and then our little spectator
























As of 9:35am, I can proudly say I am a triathlere. What a day! It didn't start off so good with a 2:30am wake up call from Harlie. Bless her heart she was sick as a dog. She pucked about 5 times in a 3 hour time span. So Phil and I were both up from about 2:30-4am and then we both took some turns until it was time to get up at 5:30am. But once we left I think the worst was over so that's good for the babysitter and family that were still here. So we left for our race around 6:15am. Got to the park to get our transition areas ready and my wave started at 7:39am. Long story short, I swam .5 miles in 22:43 minutes, biked 15.8 miles in 58:04, and ran 3 miles in 29:25. My total time was 1:54:23 making my goal of less than 2 hours. I was pretty excited on my last mile back to know I would make my time and could even jog the rest of it but being the trooper I am I ran all out.. but not so hard to be totally totally wiped. I am proud of my time as I made the goal that I wanted. I amazingly survived my last open water swim of the year with the water at 64 degrees. 95% of the participants wore wet suits but not I! I am too cheap... not knowing how many of these I'll actually do I didn't want to spen the money. Phil also did great in his race and completed his in record time as well. He even got 3rd place in the novice group that he entered, which is great, and a fun suprise. Luckily, they had a hot tob at the race tent so afterwards I went over and got in, and that felt wonderful after being cold all morning. Then when we got home we ate soup, peanut butter oreos and icecream. Tomorrow, we have massages, grilled steak and a day off... so I'm looking forward to finishing our 3 day weekend and then I don't go back to work until Thursday night.

3 comments:

Sarah Craft said...

Hooray!! You smashed your goal time! And if I remember right you just about set yourself a new 5K PR in the run portion...under 30 minutes! So great! Good work Heather and Phil...

Becky Bartlett said...

Way to go!! I'm so impressed!!!

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Yay--congratulations! I was thinking about you a lot on Sunday morning--especially b/c it was so chilly! I hope you enjoy every bit of your post-race party--you deserve it!