Thursday, August 19, 2010

first day of preschool

Well, we survived our first day of preschool... actually, it went really well.

Phil and I both dropped him off today as it was the first day... no tears from me, didn't even choke up : ) I think I'm just excited for him.

In the future, we're pretty sure Phil will drop him off most days on his way to work. Today Harlie was really tired and napping so Phil generously picked Wendell up and brought him home.

So here's Wendell with his new outfit and backpack.



And Wendell coming home...





Here is the post interview:

Mom: How was preschool?
Wendell: good
Mom: What did you do?
Wendell: saw my friends, went to the park, and made cookies
Mom: What did you learn?
Wendell: my friends
Mom's final comments: I'm glad he went, the morning went well as I got an oil change, Harlie and I went for a walk, she fell asleep in the stroller and while out walking we stopped at the the donut shop (she woke up as we walked in, that's my girl, smells good food even in her sleep : ). When we came home she was still tuckered so she ended up taking a real nap and I took a 15 minute nap before Wendell came home. We had a nice morning but didn't get much done at home.. oh well. maybe next week.
Wendell's final comments: "we played and had milk after eating cookies"

3 comments:

charla said...

love the post interview!

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Yay! I'm glad he had a good day. Emily asked me if she could go to preschool tomorrow. We've got 2 1/2 more weeks to go! I can't wait to hear what she has to say about the first day. ;o)

Charlotte said...

Glad to see pics of Wendell's first day! See you Sun.